Thank you in advance for your patience as we reopen safely.
Buy Your Tickets
Tickets are on sale now! Please purchase your tickets in advance here.
What do I need to know?
- As mandated by the city of Boston, all Museum staff and visitors (age five and older) are required to wear a mask or cloth face covering for the duration of their time in the Museum
- Inside the Museum, please observe six feet of physical distance between you or your party and others, including Museum employees
- Please make sure you are complying with Massachusetts travel regulations prior to purchasing your tickets. Visitors and returning residents entering Massachusetts internationally or from high-risk states are required to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival or produce a negative COVID test. The Museum reserves the right to deny entry to travelers or returning residents who are unable to demonstrate meeting Massachusetts testing or quarantine requirements.
- Wipes and hand sanitizer will be available throughout many areas of the Museum
- The Museum will be operating under highly restricted visitor capacity, with a limited number of tickets available each day
- Entry to the Museum will be timed, with all members and visitors required to reserve or purchase tickets online or by calling our Box Office in advance of your visit
- Groups and Tours are suspended until further notice
- Parties of 8 or more are not permitted
- Our coat check will be closed until further notice. Please see below for a full list of prohibited items. Bags larger than 12 in. x 12 in. are not permitted
- Outdoor garden spaces are open to ticket holders through specific doorways and entry points
To ensure a safe and enjoyable visitor experience, Museum entry will be timed and capacity highly restricted.
- All tickets will be sold for a specific entry time between 11 am - 3:30 pm (10 am - 3:30 pm on Satursdays and Sundays; 11 am - 7:30 pm on First Thursdays). Please arrive no more than five minutes ahead of your designated time slot
- Parties of 8 or more are not permitted
- Visitors who arrive more than five minutes earlier than the time slot designated on their tickets will be turned away until five minutes before their designated time slot
- Members and Patrons must reserve tickets ahead of their visit, and hold tickets at time of entry. See below for more information
- If you have a free guest pass you would like to use, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or [email protected] at least 48 hours prior to your visit
- Please make sure you are complying with Massachusetts travel regulations prior to purchasing your tickets. Visitors and returning residents entering Massachusetts internationally or from high-risk states are required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival or produce a negative COVID test. The Museum reserves the right to deny entry to travelers or returning residents who are unable to demonstrate meeting Massachusetts testing or quarantine requirements.
Please note that there is a very limited number of tickets available, as we are currently open with a highly restricted capacity. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
- All requirements for visitors, as detailed above, apply to Members and Patrons
- All visitors, including Members and Patrons, are required to reserve their tickets online in advance of their visit, and hold tickets at entry. Members may reserve tickets online using their Member login or by calling the Box Office at 617 278 5156
- Members and Patrons cannot use their member cards to gain entry. All members must stand in the ticket holder line and wait for their entry time. Please arrive no more than five minutes before your designated time slot
- If Members wish to redeem a single-use guest pass, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or [email protected] at least 48 hours prior to your visit
- Should Members have trouble securing tickets online, please call the Box Office directly at 617 278 5156
- Friends of Fenway Court Patrons can reserve tickets for themselves or their guests by emailing [email protected], or by calling the Patron Line at 617 264 6045. Please send ticketing requests by 5 pm the day before you would like to visit
- Should you need immediate assistance on weekends, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156
- Outdoor garden spaces are open (seasonally and weather dependent) to the public through specific doorways and entry points
- At this time, in order to account for appropriate Museum Capacity, all visitors must check in at the Admissions Desk prior to visiting the Cafe or Gift at the Gardner; Museum admission is not required to visit these spaces
As a precaution, communal spaces and interactive objects and activities will be temporarily unavailable. The current list includes:
- Bertucci Education Studio
- Richard E. Floor Living Room
- Calderwood Hall
Groups and Tours are suspended until further notice. For more information on your visit, please see our While You're Here page.
What can I bring with me?
- We recommend bringing your own headphones to listen to our audio guides on your smartphone
- Soft, front-facing carriers and single and tandem strollers
- A coat you can tie around your waist
- Bags smaller than 12 in. x 12 in.
What can’t I bring with me?
- Outside food and/or drink
- Bags, backpacks, and luggage larger than 12 in. x 12 in.
- Baby backpacks and children on shoulders
- Double-wide strollers
- The Museum uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and blood-borne pathogens
- Sanitizing wipes and disinfectant will be available at sanitizing stations throughout the Museum
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will be increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces
- The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized where and when possible
If you are a corporate or university member, please contact your membership administrator for your complimentary ticket code. To see if you are a:
Museum Pass Program passholders must claim a printed, dated pass from their library. Provided with your pass will be instructions to purchase discounted, advance tickets online using a special promo code. This code can only be redeemed for the day you have reserved. Should you have trouble purchasing your tickets online, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156.
Gift at the Gardner
Although museum admission is not required to shop at Gift at the Gardner, all visitors must check in at the Admissions desk before visiting the store.
Due to capacity restrictions in our store, we encourage you to shop with us online at gift.gardnermuseum.org before your visit. In-store pickup will be available—please see below for instructions.
- Select "pickup" as your delivery method at checkout
- You will receive your choice of text or email from us when your order is ready to be picked up
- Bring your order confirmation, which shows your in-store pickup selection, with you to the Museum. You may show it on your phone, or bring a printed copy of this email
- Display this order confirmation to a Museum staff member upon arrival, and we will bring your order to you at the shop entrance
Please note: due to our new reopening policies, guests are required to check in at the Admissions desk before visiting the Café.
As a way to ensure the safety of our guests while maintaining our commitment to seasonal, locally-sourced, and delicious menus, Café G is now offering a streamlined experience that accommodates social distancing and all other safety protocols as outlined by the State.
Visitors will be able to seat themselves at appropriately-spaced tables inside the restaurant or on our patio, weather permitting. One of our staff members will take your order and deliver meals and drinks with minimal contact. Our menus will continue to offer something for everyone, from full lunch, to drinks and snacks for children.