The health and safety of all is our priority. Thank you for your support of the following guidelines.
Beginning January 15, 2022, as mandated by the City of Boston, all Museum visitors ages 12+ are required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to enter the Museum. Learn More
Buy Your Tickets
Tickets are on sale now! Please purchase your timed-entry tickets in advance here.
What do I need to know?
HEALTH AND SAFETY (COVID-19) GUIDELINES FOR ALL VISITORS
The Gardner follows the updated guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and mandates issued by the City of Boston. All visitors and staff have the right to a safe, respectful experience and we appreciate your adherence to these policies.
- MANDATED VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: The City of Boston’s B Together vaccine requirement will be phased in over time. As of January 15, people ages 12+ must show proof of one dose of vaccine, and on February 15, proof of full vaccination. Additional information, including requirements for children ages 5-11, is available on the City of Boston website.
As of January 15, to enter the Museum, you must show one of the following:
- a CDC vaccination card
- a digital image of your CDC card
- an image or printout of any official immunization record
- a City-designated app containing a digital image of any official immunization record, or
- another COVID-19 vaccine verification app
If you need further assistance or to request accommodations, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to visit in person, please utilize the online resources linked below as well as video content available on our YouTube channel.
- MASKS/FACE COVERINGS: Face coverings are required indoors for all persons regardless of vaccination status.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Social distancing is no longer mandated in the Museum or on its grounds. We do ask that you respect other visitors and their comfort as you explore our galleries and garden. Programs in Calderwood Hall are held at standard capacity, and many are sold out, so please do expect all seats to be filled.
- GALLERY MAPS, AUDIO TOURS, and ROOM GUIDES: Don’t forget your headphones! Gallery maps and other visitor resources are available on the website and accessible via QR codes onsite.
- CLEANING AND SANITATION: The Museum frequently cleans and sanitizes public spaces using products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and blood-borne pathogens. Air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning happens frequently, and fresh air exchange is maximized where and when possible.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable visitor experience and to limit capacity, all tickets--including Member and Patron tickets, complimentary tickets, and pass tickets-- are for timed entry.
- Tickets are available in time slots every half hour during open hours. Please see the calendar for details. Same-day reservations and specific time slots may not be available due to limited capacity.
- General admission tickets include entry to the museum and to the special exhibition Titian: Women, Myth, & Power. Entry to the special exhibition gallery is first come, first served. Timed entry tickets are for general museum admission, not for timed entry to the Titian exhibition itself.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes earlier than your designated time slot. Visitors who arrive more than five minutes earlier than the time slot designated on their tickets will be turned away until five minutes before their designated time slot.
- Members and Patrons must reserve tickets ahead of their visit, and hold tickets at time of entry. See below for more information
- If you have a free guest pass you would like to use, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to your visit.
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree to assume all risk of injury or illness resulting from, or in connection with, or incidental to your visit to the Museum, whether occurring before, during, or after your visit. Please avoid visiting if you have symptoms of COVID-19, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days prior to your visit, or have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to your visit.
- If you'd like to visit with a group of more than 8 people, please go to our Tours and Group Tours page to schedule your visit.
Please note that we are currently open with restricted capacity and timed-entry ticketing. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
- All requirements for visitors, as detailed above, apply to Members and Patrons
- All visitors, including Members and Patrons, are required to reserve their tickets online in advance of their visit, and hold tickets at entry. Members may reserve tickets online using their Member login or by calling the Box Office at 617 278 5156.
- Members and Patrons cannot use their member cards to gain entry. All members must stand in the ticket holder line and wait for their entry time. Please arrive no more than five minutes before your designated time slot.
- If Members wish to redeem a single-use guest pass, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to your visit
- Should Members have trouble securing tickets online, please call the Box Office directly at 617 278 5156
- Friends of Fenway Court Patrons can reserve tickets for themselves or their guests by emailing email@example.com, or by calling the Patron Line at 617 264 6045. Please send ticketing requests by 5 pm the day before you would like to visit
- Should you need immediate assistance on weekends, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156
The Gardner Museum is an immersive experience unlike any other. Click here to learn more about the unique, immersive experience of visiting the museum, or here for onsite resources, including maps and audio guides.
- Outdoor garden spaces are open (season and weather dependent)
- Cafe G and Gift at the Gardner are open and Museum admission is not required. However all visitors must check in at the Admissions Desk prior to visiting Cafe G or Gift at the Gardner.
Communal spaces and interactive objects and activities are temporarily unavailable. The current list includes:
- Richard E. Floor Living Room
Groups are welcome to come for guided or self-guided tours of the Museum. Learn more and schedule your visit here.
WHAT CAN I BRING WITH ME?
- A well-fitted face covering or mask (required)
- Your own headphones to listen to our audio guides on your smartphone
- Soft, front-facing carriers and single and tandem strollers
- A coat you can tie around your waist
- Bags smaller than 12 in. x 12 in.
WHAT CAN’T I BRING WITH ME?
- Outside food and/or drink
- Bags, backpacks, and luggage larger than 12 in. x 12 in.
- Baby backpacks and children on shoulders
- Double-wide strollers
If you are a corporate or university member, please contact your membership administrator for your complimentary ticket code. To see if you are a:
Museum Pass Program passholders must claim a printed, dated pass from their library. Provided with your pass will be instructions to purchase discounted, advance tickets online using a special promo code. This code can only be redeemed for the day you have reserved. Should you have trouble purchasing your tickets online, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156.
Guests are required to check-in at the Admissions desk before visiting Gift at the Gardner. We encourage guests to consider shopping with us online before visiting. Effective January 15, 2022, all visitors are required to show proof of vaccination upon entry to the Museum, including for in-store pick up. Shipping is also available. Please visit gift.gardnermuseum.org for additional information.
Guests are required to check in at the Admissions desk before visiting the Café. Seating is available inside the restaurant or on our patio, weather permitting. Featuring seasonal, locally-sourced, and delicious food and beverages, our menus offer something for everyone, from full lunch, to drinks and snacks, including items for children.
Effective January 15, 2022, all visitors are required to show proof of vaccination upon entry to the Museum, including diners visiting the Cafe only. Guests of the Café may remove face coverings when seated at a table including those indoors.