The health and safety of all is our priority. Thank you for your support of the following guidelines.
Buy Your Tickets
Tickets are on sale now! Please purchase your timed-entry tickets in advance here.
What do I need to know?
The Gardner follows the updated guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the City of Boston. Effective May 29, 2021, all COVID-19 restrictions in Massachusetts are lifted, as described below:
- Fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear face coverings indoors. Non-vaccinated individuals are advised to continue wearing face coverings indoors when they cannot socially distance themselves. All visitors and staff have the right to a safe, respectful experience; we support anyone’s decision to continue wearing a face covering for as long as they choose, regardless of vaccination status.
- Social distancing is no longer mandated in the Museum or on its grounds.
- Don’t forget your headphones! Gallery maps and other visitor resources are available on the website and accessible via QR codes onsite. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own headphones to listen to audio guides and self-guided tours during their visit.
- Cleaning & Sanitation: The Museum uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and blood-borne pathogens. The Museum frequently cleans and sanitizes all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces. The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized where and when possible. Hand sanitizer is available for visitors and staff throughout the Museum.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable visitor experience and to limit capacity, all tickets--including Member and Patron tickets, complimentary tickets, and pass tickets-- are for timed entry.
- Time slots are available between 11 am - 3:30 pm (10 am - 3:30 pm on Saturdays and Sundays; 11 am - 7:30 pm on First Thursdays). Please note that same-day reservations and certain time slots may not be available due to limited capacity.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes earlier than your designated time slot. Visitors who arrive more than five minutes earlier than the time slot designated on their tickets will be turned away until five minutes before their designated time slot.
- Members and Patrons must reserve tickets ahead of their visit, and hold tickets at time of entry. See below for more information
- If you have a free guest pass you would like to use, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or [email protected] at least 48 hours prior to your visit
- Groups and Tours are suspended until further notice.
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree to assume all risk of injury or illness resulting from, or in connection with, or incidental to your visit to the Museum, whether occurring before, during, or after your visit. Please avoid visiting if you have symptoms of COVID-19, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days prior to your visit, or have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to your visit.
Please note that we are currently open with restricted capacity and timed-entry ticketing. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
- All requirements for visitors, as detailed above, apply to Members and Patrons
- All visitors, including Members and Patrons, are required to reserve their tickets online in advance of their visit, and hold tickets at entry. Members may reserve tickets online using their Member login or by calling the Box Office at 617 278 5156.
- Members and Patrons cannot use their member cards to gain entry. All members must stand in the ticket holder line and wait for their entry time. Please arrive no more than five minutes before your designated time slot.
- If Members wish to redeem a single-use guest pass, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or [email protected] at least 48 hours prior to your visit
- Should Members have trouble securing tickets online, please call the Box Office directly at 617 278 5156
- Friends of Fenway Court Patrons can reserve tickets for themselves or their guests by emailing [email protected], or by calling the Patron Line at 617 264 6045. Please send ticketing requests by 5 pm the day before you would like to visit
- Should you need immediate assistance on weekends, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156
The Gardner Museum is an immersive experience unlike any other. Click here to learn more about the unique, immersive experience of visiting the museum, or here for onsite resources, including maps and audio guides.
- Outdoor garden spaces are open (season and weather dependent)
- Cafe G and Gift at the Gardner are open and Museum admission is not required. However all visitors must check in at the Admissions Desk prior to visiting Cafe G or Gift at the Gardner.
Communal spaces and interactive objects and activities are temporarily unavailable. The current list includes:
- Bertucci Education Studio
- Richard E. Floor Living Room
- Groups and Tours are suspended until further notice.
WHAT CAN I BRING WITH ME?
- Your own headphones to listen to our audio guides on your smartphone
- Soft, front-facing carriers and single and tandem strollers
- A coat you can tie around your waist
- Bags smaller than 12 in. x 12 in.
WHAT CAN’T I BRING WITH ME?
- Outside food and/or drink
- Bags, backpacks, and luggage larger than 12 in. x 12 in.
- Baby backpacks and children on shoulders
- Double-wide strollers
If you are a corporate or university member, please contact your membership administrator for your complimentary ticket code. To see if you are a:
Museum Pass Program passholders must claim a printed, dated pass from their library. Provided with your pass will be instructions to purchase discounted, advance tickets online using a special promo code. This code can only be redeemed for the day you have reserved. Should you have trouble purchasing your tickets online, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156.
Guests are required to check-in at the Admissions desk before visiting Gift at the Gardner.
We are offering in-store pickup on all orders and encourage guests to consider shopping with us online before visiting. Please visit our website at gift.gardnermuseum.org for details.
Guests are required to check in at the Admissions desk before visiting the Café. Seating is available inside the restaurant or on our patio, weather permitting. Featuring seasonal, locally-sourced, and delicious food and beverages, our menus offer something for everyone, from full lunch, to drinks and snacks, including items for children.