The health and safety of all is our priority. Thank you for your support of the following guidelines.
Buy Your Tickets
Advance tickets for timed entry are required, and are on sale now!
What do I need to know?
HEALTH AND SAFETY (COVID-19) GUIDELINES FOR ALL VISITORS
The Gardner Museum follows guidelines and mandates issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the City of Boston. Visitors, staff, volunteers and vendors are no longer required to wear face coverings in the Museum, unless they are attending events in Calderwood Hall. Proof of vaccination status is not required. Social distancing is no longer mandated in the Museum or on its grounds.
In line with state and local guidance, we advise anyone who is unvaccinated, and encourage anyone who feels more comfortable, to continue wearing a mask. All visitors and staff have the right to a safe, respectful experience and we appreciate your adherence to these policies.
Face masks must be worn over the mouth and nose by all attendees while they are in Calderwood Hall. Programs and concerts in Calderwood Hall are held at standard capacity, and many are sold out, so please do expect all seats to be filled.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable visitor experience, tickets are available for timed entry in time slots every half hour during open hours. Same-day reservations and specific time slots may not be available on popular days of the week or times of day.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes earlier than your designated time slot. We may not be able to accommodate visitors more than five minutes before the time on their ticket.
- Members and Patrons are strongly encouraged to reserve tickets in advance of their visit as limited tickets may be available at the door. Only an advance ticket reservation ensures your spot. See below for more information.
- Complimentary single-use guest passes cannot be redeemed online, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to your visit.
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree to assume all risk of injury or illness resulting from, or in connection with, or incidental to your visit to the Museum, whether occurring before, during, or after your visit. Please avoid visiting if you have symptoms of COVID-19, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days prior to your visit, or have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to your visit.
- If you'd like to visit with a group of more than 8 people, please go to our Tours and Group Tours page to schedule your visit.
Please note that we are currently open with timed-entry ticketing and tickets do sell out for popular times of day and days of the week. Members and Patrons are strongly encouraged to reserve tickets in advance of their visit as tickets may not be available at the door. Only an advance ticket reservation ensures your spot. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
- All requirements for visitors, as detailed above, apply to Members and Patrons.
- Members may reserve tickets online using their Member login or by calling the Box Office at 617 278 5156.
- All members with advance reservations must stand in the ticket holder line and wait for their entry time. Please arrive no more than five minutes before your designated time slot.
- If Members wish to redeem a single-use guest pass, or if you have trouble securing a ticket online, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to your visit.
- Friends of Fenway Court Patrons can reserve tickets for themselves or their guests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the Patron Line at 617 264 6045. Please send ticketing requests by 5 pm the day before you would like to visit.
- If you need immediate assistance on a weekend, please call the Box Office directly at 617 278 5156.
The Gardner Museum is an immersive experience unlike any other. Click here to learn more about the unique, immersive experience of visiting the museum, or here for onsite resources, including maps and audio guides.
- Outdoor garden spaces are open (season and weather dependent)
- Cafe G and Gift at the Gardner are open and Museum admission is not required. However all visitors must check in at the Admissions Desk prior to visiting Cafe G or Gift at the Gardner.
Communal spaces and interactive objects and activities are temporarily unavailable. The current list includes:
- Richard E. Floor Living Room
Groups are welcome to come for guided or self-guided tours of the Museum. Learn more and schedule your visit here.
WHAT CAN I BRING WITH ME?
- Your own headphones to listen to our audio guides on your smartphone
- Soft, front-facing carriers and single and tandem strollers
- A coat you can tie around your waist
- Bags smaller than 12 in. x 12 in.
WHAT CAN’T I BRING WITH ME?
- Outside food and/or drink
- Bags, backpacks, and luggage larger than 12 in. x 12 in.
- Baby backpacks and children on shoulders
- Double-wide strollers
If you are a corporate or university member, please contact your membership administrator for your complimentary ticket code. To see if you are a:
Museum Pass Program passholders must claim a printed, dated pass from their library. Provided with your pass will be instructions to purchase discounted, advance tickets online using a special promo code. This code can only be redeemed for the day you have reserved. Should you have trouble purchasing your tickets online, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156.
Guests are required to check-in at the Admissions desk before visiting Gift at the Gardner. We encourage guests to consider shopping with us online before visiting. Shipping is also available. Please visit gift.gardnermuseum.org for additional information.
Guests interested in visiting Café G only must check in at the Admissions desk upon arrival. Seating is available inside the restaurant or on our patio, weather permitting. Featuring seasonal, locally-sourced, and delicious food and beverages, our menus offer something for everyone, from full lunch, to drinks and snacks, including items for children.