Thank you in advance for your patience as we reopen safely.
What do I need to know?
- As mandated by the city of Boston, all Museum staff and visitors (age five and older) are required to wear a mask or cloth face covering for the duration of their time in the Museum
- Inside the Museum, please observe six feet of physical distance between you or your party and others, including Museum employees
- Wipes and hand sanitizer will be available throughout many areas of the Museum
- The Museum will be operating under highly restricted visitor capacity, with a limited number of tickets available each day
- Entry to the Museum will be timed, with all members and visitors required to reserve or purchase tickets online or by calling our Box Office in advance of your visit
- Groups and Tours are suspended until further notice
- Parties of 8 or more are not permitted
- Our coat check will be closed until further notice. Please see below for a full list of prohibited items. Bags larger than 12 in. x 12 in. are not permitted
- Outdoor garden spaces are open to ticket holders through specific doorways and entry points
Buy Your Tickets
Tickets are on sale now! Please purchase your tickets in advance here.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable visitor experience, Museum entry will be timed and capacity highly restricted.
- All tickets will be sold for a specific entry time between 11 am–3:30 pm (11 am–7:30 pm on Thursdays). Please arrive no more than five minutes ahead of your designated time slot
- Parties of 8 or more are not permitted
- Visitors who arrive more than five minutes earlier than the time slot designated on their tickets will be turned away until five minutes before their designated time slot
- Members and Patrons must reserve tickets ahead of their visit, and hold tickets at time of entry. See below for more information
- If you have a free guest pass you would like to use, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or [email protected] at least 48 hours prior to your visit
Please note that there is a very limited number of tickets available, as we are currently open with a highly restricted capacity. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
- All requirements for visitors, as detailed above, apply to Members and Patrons
- All visitors, including Members and Patrons, are required to reserve their tickets online in advance of their visit, and hold tickets at entry. Members may reserve tickets online using their Member login or by calling the Box Office at 617 278 5156
- Members and Patrons cannot use their member cards to gain entry. All members must stand in the ticket holder line and wait for their entry time. Please arrive no more than five minutes before your designated time slot
- If Members wish to redeem a single-use guest pass, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or [email protected] at least 48 hours prior to your visit
- Should Members have trouble securing tickets online, please call the Box Office directly at 617 278 5156
- Friends of Fenway Court Patrons can reserve tickets for themselves or their guests by emailing [email protected], or by calling the Patron Line at 617 264 6045. Please send ticketing requests by 5 pm the day before you would like to visit
- Should you need immediate assistance on weekends, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156
- Boston's Apollo: Thomas McKeller & John Singer Sargent is open in Hostetter Gallery
- Outdoor garden spaces are open (seasonally and weather dependent) to the public through specific doorways and entry points
- At this time, to visit the Café or Gift at the Gardner, you will also be required to reserve an admission ticket
As a precaution, communal spaces and interactive objects and activities will be temporarily unavailable. The current list includes:
- Bertucci Education Studio
- Richard E. Floor Living Room
- Calderwood Hall
Groups and Tours are suspended until further notice. For more information on your visit, please see our While You're Here page.
What can I bring with me?
- Soft, front-facing carriers and single and tandem strollers
- A coat you can tie around your waist
- Bags smaller than 12 in. x 12 in.
What can’t I bring with me?
- Outside food and/or drink
- Bags, backpacks, and luggage larger than 12 in. x 12 in.
- Baby backpacks and children on shoulders
- Double-wide strollers
- The Museum uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and blood-borne pathogens
- Sanitizing wipes and disinfectant will be available at sanitizing stations throughout the Museum
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will be increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces
- The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized where and when possible
If you are a corporate or university member, please contact your membership administrator for your complimentary ticket code. To see if you are a:
Museum Pass Program passholders must claim a printed, dated pass from their library. Provided with your pass will be instructions to purchase discounted, advance tickets online using a special promo code. This code can only be redeemed for the day you have reserved. Should you have trouble purchasing your tickets online, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156.
Café G is reopening with a new, streamlined service style that ensures guest safety and efficiency while maintaining our high quality food and beverage offerings.
- Museum Admission is now required to visit Café G, to account for appropriate Museum capacity levels
- Guests are required to wear a mask while entering, exiting, or moving around the Café
- We will not be accepting reservations. With our new service model, and the new Museum capacity limits, reservations will not be necessary
- Guests will be able to order and pay for meals easily at a new reception table, just outside the Café. Once seated, meals and drinks will be delivered to the table, after which guests can enjoy lunch without further person-to-person contact
- Tables will be distanced at least six feet from each other
- Patio seating will be available, weather permitting
- All Café staff will undergo a daily health screening, including temperature checks and a COVID exposure survey
- Sanitation protocols throughout the dining room and kitchen spaces will increase
- Sanitizer will be available to staff and guests throughout the dining room
Gift at the Gardner
We encourage you to shop with us online at gift.gardnermuseum.org, before your visit. In-store pickup will be available—please see below for instructions.
- Store capacity has been reduced to eight people at any one time, including shop staff
- All shoppers must check in with a staff member at the door before entering the shop
- In-store pickup for online orders:
- Select "pickup" as your delivery method at checkout
- You will receive your choice of text or email from us when your order is ready to be picked up
- Bring your order confirmation, which shows your in-store pickup selection, with you to the Museum. You may show it on your phone, or bring a printed copy of this email
- Display this order confirmation to a Museum staff member upon arrival, and we will bring your order to you at the shop entrance