Designed with both the individual and institution in mind, the University Membership Program provides affordable access to the Museum, public programs, special exhibitions, and educational resources that enrich student learning, enhance course goals, and provide professional development.
University Member Benefits
- Free general admission with a valid university ID
- Discounts on gallery tours led by our Museum Teachers
- Free self-guided gallery visits
- Free tickets to select public programs, including Third Thursdays and lectures
- $10 off the Individual and Friend levels of membership for faculty and staff
- Complimentary participation in the Museum Pass Program for the university’s library
- 15% off rental events held at the Museum
- Recognition of support in the Museum's Annual Report
Free admission and discounted tickets are available through school specific promo codes.
The museum currently has timed entry admission and we ask that you book your ticket ahead of time using the promo code for your school.
You can contact your Student Life or Admissions Office to get the code.
Participating Schools and Institutions
- Berklee College of Music**
- Boston College*
- Boston University*
- Bunker Hill Community College
- Emerson College*
- Emmanuel College
- Harvard University*
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- New England Conservatory*
- Olin College of Engineering
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts*
- Simmons College
- Wellesley College
- Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Wheaton College
* Benefits apply to current students only
**Benefits apply to faculty and staff only
School Group Visits
Visiting with 10 or more students? One-hour tours for university groups are designed for close looking, while also exploring the history of the Museum. Member University groups also get free admission for an accompanying faculty member.
Learn more about other discounts for visitors.