Statement from Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum on COVID-19 Response
BOSTON, MA (April 22, 2020) – As state and federal guidance in response to COVID-19 concerns continues to evolve, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum announced this week the difficult decision to cancel programs and events through September 14, 2020. We believe this decision is ultimately in the best interests and safety of our visitors, creative partners and collaborators, staff, and community.
Ticket holders and RSVPs will be notified of cancellations and/or rescheduled dates, and refunds are being honored. A list of canceled programs and events can be found below.
This cancellation of ticketed programs and events does not impact the recently announced extension of Boston’s Apollo: Thomas McKeller & John Singer Sargent.
As soon as it’s safe to do so, it’s our hope to open to the public later this summer, giving visitors a chance to see the exhibition and our historic collection. At this time, the Gardner Museum will remain closed to the public at least through the month of May.
The Museum has also committed to keep all part time and full time staff active with regular compensation through June 30, 2020, regardless of whether the Museum is able to reopen to the public by then.
We will continue to share updates via our website, social media channels, and email.
Now, more than ever, we’re reminded of our founder’s commitment that the Museum be a “place for the education and enjoyment of the public forever,” and the Gardner Museum is absolutely committed to remaining a vibrant, relevant, and creative resource for our communities. We will be here for our audiences through this crisis and beyond.
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 | Landscape Lectures: Ron Henderson
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 | Silencebreakers
- Saturday, March 14, 2020 | Member Thematic Tour, The Power of the Word
- Sunday, March 15, 2020 | Weekend Concert: Lawrence Brownlee
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 | Third Thursdays: Local Notion
- Saturday, March 21, 2020 | Exhibition Insights Member Thematic Tour
- Sunday, March 22, 2020 | Christopher Taylor, Piano, Beethoven/Liszt Symphonies Project, Part I
- Thursday, March 26, 2020 | Thursdays LIVE: Kindred Souls with the Hamiltones
- Sunday, March 29, 2020 | Weekend Concert; Spektral String Quartet
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 | Nasturtium Party for Patrons
- Thursday, April 2, 2020 | Exhibition Lecture: The Erasure of Thomas McKeller with Dr. Nikki A. Greene
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 | Nasturtiums: Heralds of Spring Member event
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 | Weekend Concert: Boston Children's Chorus, Under My Skin
- Sunday, April 5, 2020 | Weekend Concert: REBEL Ensemble for Baroque Music, "Earth's Delight, Heaven's Glory"
- Thursday, April 16, 2020 | Third Thursdays: Sky View
- Saturday, April 18, 2020 | Exhibition Insights Member Thematic Tour
- Sunday, April 19, 2020 | Weekend Concert: Jean-Guihen Queyras, Cello, Michael Behringer, Harpsichord
- Thursday, April 23, 2020 | Dear Mr. McKeller
- Sunday, April 26, 2020 | Weekend Concert with Christopher Taylor
- Thursday, April 30, 2020 | Thursdays LIVE with Radiant Children
- Saturday, May 2, 2020 | Gardner Gala
- Saturday, May 9, 2020 | Member Thematic Tour: Under the Armor
- Sunday, May 10, 2020 | Weekend Concert with A Far Cry
- Thursday, May 14, 2020 | Landscape Lecture: Beatrix Farrand’s American Landscapes
- Saturday, May 16, 2020 | Member Thematic Tour: Exhibition Insights
- Sunday, May 17, 2020 | Weekend Concert with Christopher Taylor
- Thursday, May 21, 2020 | Third Thursdays: Go with the Flow
- Thursday, May 28, 2020 | Thursdays LIVE with BJ The Chicago Kid
- Saturday, May 30, 2020 | Member Thematic Tour: Under the Armor