BOSTON, MA (March 12, 2020) – In response to concerns around COVID-19, and in an effort to ensure the health and safety of staff, visitors, and our community, today, the Gardner Museum announced it will close to the public beginning at 9 pm this evening, March 12, 2020.
The Gardner Museum will remain closed to the public for a minimum of 14 days beginning March 13, and all concerts, events and public programs scheduled through April 20, 2020 will be canceled or postponed. A full list of canceled events and programs can be found below.
Ticket holders and RSVPs will be notified of cancellations and/or rescheduled dates, and refunds are being honored.
This decision was made along with other Boston-area museums including Harvard Art Museums, Institute of Contemporary Art, and Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
The Gardner Museum will continue to share updates via our website, social media channels, and email as we monitor the situation.
The health and safety of our staff and the public is our number one priority. We encourage all staff and visitors to reference and adhere to guidelines provided by the CDC and Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
We look forward to seeing you at the Museum upon our reopening.
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 | Landscape Lectures: Ron Henderson
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 | Silencebreakers
- Saturday, March 14, 2020 | Member Thematic Tour, The Power of the Word
- Sunday, March 15, 2020 | Weekend Concert: Lawrence Brownlee
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 | Third Thursdays: Local Notion
- Saturday, March 21, 2020 | Exhibition Insights Member Thematic Tour
- Sunday, March 22, 2020 | Christopher Taylor, Piano, Beethoven/Liszt Symphonies Project, Part I
- Thursday, March 26, 2020 | Thursdays LIVE: Kindred Souls with the Hamiltones
- Sunday, March 29, 2020 | Weekend Concert; Spektral String Quartet
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 | Nasturtium Party for Patrons
- Thursday, April 2, 2020 | Exhibition Lecture: The Erasure of Thomas McKeller with Dr. Nikki A. Greene
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 | Nasturtiums: Heralds of Spring Member event
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 | Weekend Concert: Boston Children's Chorus, Under My Skin
- Sunday, April 5, 2020 | Weekend Concert: REBEL Ensemble for Baroque Music, "Earth's Delight, Heaven's Glory"
- Thursday, April 16, 2020 | Third Thursdays: Sky View
- Saturday, April 18, 2020 | Exhibition Insights Member Thematic Tour
- Sunday, April 19, 2020 | Weekend Concert: Jean-Guihen Queyras, Cello, Michael Behringer, Harpsichord