The Gardner Museum welcomes students and teachers grades 3 - 12 to the college and university level to explore the Museum on a guided or self-guided visit. Our school and university tours are designed to engage visitors through conversation and close looking, while also discovering the unique history of the Museum. Gallery experiences offer the opportunity to enhance course curricula, whether in the arts, literature, history, or the maths and sciences.
There are a few tour policies to keep in mind:
- All school groups of 8 of more must register at least three weeks in advance
- All school groups, grades 3-8, must be guided
- Guided tours last about one hour
- We need at least three weeks notice to schedule all group tours
- High school groups of 10 or fewer may register for a self-guided visit; College groups of 30 or fewer may register for a self-guided visit
- We can accommodate up to 60 people per hour
- Modest fees are charged, including a $25 nonrefundable deposit for guided visits
Photo at top of page by Billie Weiss.